Our LEARN AND EARN A novel training programme carved out exclusively for the under opportune youth in the age group of 18-23 years who are either Matriculation passed or Pre-University course/ ITI passed/ discontinued and looking for building a bright career in the technical field.
With the multi-fold opening of manufacturing Industries in India, opportunities for employment for youth with skills is very high.At the same time, the industry also is looking for the skilful youth. This LEARN AND EARN Programme is one such initiative which bridges the gap between the industry and the youth by developing steady pool of trained manpower.
With this great idea, NTTF has partnered with many industries pan India and is bringing about a change especially to those youth hailing from economically backward, with rural background and in the industrially underdeveloped regions.
Students are supported with a reasonable monthly stipendiary benefit to sustain their living expenses and also they need not pay any fees till the completion of the programme. Entire training cost is met by the partnering industry.
The idea behind this concept is to provide a platform to students with employable skills, to gain first-hand experience while they are still pursuing their technical training (Certificate or Diploma) and to be paid a stipend too, as in an internship. In this model, along with the theory classes the students undergo extensive practical sessions. At the end of the course, they are free to join the same company or they may choose to join any other company of their choice. Under "Learn & Earn" model, a student has to attend theory classes one day a week, while for the balance of the working week (five days) the student would be exposed to the industry operations. It is like a two-year long internship cum course.
Key Features of "Learn & Earn" Model (L&E)
- Stipend to trainees - Earn
- Hands-on industry exposure - Learn
- Training cost met by industry
- Industry developed curriculum
- Certificate / Diploma to successful trainees
- Freedom to migrate on completion of programme - to any industry
Youth, in the age group of 18-23 years with an educational qualification of Class 10 passed/ 11th or 12th/ ITI passed or failed, are inducted through an entrance test and screening process by NTTF. NTTF also works with an external agency M/s. CEO Talent Search, Bengaluru who will support in the trainee mobilisation activities in key locations.
Programme execution plan:
Upon successful course completion, NTTF will issue certificate to trainees. The infrastructure, the training costs and the curriculum is customized according to industry needs and is regularly updated as per changing industry trends.
It is a win-win situation for both the industries and the students as the industries get fresh trainees whose training responsibility rests with NTTF, while the students get first -hand experience of the industry as they pursue their education. There is no employer-employee relationship: rather it is a student-institute relationship.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) with an objective to offer on-the-job practical training to enhance employability has made a Regulations called “AICTE-National Employability Enhancement Mission (NEEM) Regulations 2013, vide Gazette Notification dated 15th April 2013 of AICTE.NTTF has fulfilled the necessary requirements and AICTE has approved NTTF as a ‘NEEM Agent’ during December 2013.
AICTE- NEEM SCHEME: NTTF and the partnering industry enters into a contract for the execution of the Learn and Earn program as per NEEM Regulations and fulfill necessary conditions specified by AICTE. As per this regulations, the basic equation will be as follows:
- NTTF is the NEEM Agent,
- The students will be NEEM Trainees and
- The Partnering Industry will be the hosting the On-the job training at their facility
Currently the industries involved in this programme are
- M/s. ASHOK LEYLAND – PANTNAGAR, UTTARAKHAND
- M/s. SAINT GOBAIN – SRIPERUMBUDUR, TAMIL NADU
- M/s. REAL TALENT ENGINEERING - SHOLINGHUR, TAMIL NADU
- CUTTING TOOL CLUSTERS – TAEGUTEC, GUHRING, KOMET, BENGALURU
- M/s. KAR MOBILES – BENGALURU & TUMAKURU
- M/s. WIPRO INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING, BENGALURU
- M/s. WIPRO INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING, CHENNAI
- M/s. KIRLOSKAR TOYOTA TEXTILE MACHINERY LIMITED, BENGALURU
- M/s. VARROC GROUP, AURANGABAD, MH
- M/s. ACE DESIGNERS, BENGALURU
- M/s. FOURESS ENGINEERING, BENGALURU
- M/s. TUBE PRODUCTS OF INDIA, CHENNAI
- M/s. ROSSELL TECHSYS, BENGALURU
- M/s. ACE MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS, BENGALURU
- M/s. ACE MULTI AXES SYSTEMS LIMITED, BENGALURU
- M/s. INDIA PISTON RINGS LTD., CHENNAI
- M/s. DC AUTO PARTS, BENGALURU
- M/s. AUTO CNC MACHINING LIMITED, BENGALURU
- M/s. SPHOORTI MACHINE TOOLS PVT. LTD., BENGALURU
- M/s. BHARAT OMAN REFINERIES LIMITED, BINA, MADHYA PRADESH
- M/s. SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC INDIA, BENGALURU
- M/s. BOSCH AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONICS, BENGALURU
- M/s. TATA MOTORS LTD, DHARWAD
- M/s. TATA ADVANCED MATERIALS LTD, BENGALURU
- M/s. IFB AUTOMOTIVE PVT LTD, BENGALURU
- M/s. TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR AUTO PARTS PVT LTD, BENGALURU
- M/s. CORBORUNDUM UNIVERSAL LIMITED, CHENNAI
- M/s. TATA MOTORS LIMITED, JAMSHEDPUR
- M/s. INDO-US MIM TEC PVT LTD., BENGALURU
The number of students currently enrolled for this programme is over 1500 (in batches of 40 with multiple entry and exit scheme). The programme is growing fast and we hope to see many more industries partnering with NTTF and hopefully, a total of around 2000 students may get enrolled in this programme by the end of the year.