NTTF - an educational foundation established in the year 1963 - is the living symbol of Indo-Swiss co-operation; aimed at promoting purposeful Technical Education for the youth of India. The seed was put in place at Thalassery (Kerala), in the year 1959. In its mission, the Foundation was actively supported with generous assistance from the Government of Switzerland, HEKS (a Swiss NGO), and Swiss Development Co-operation (a development agency in Switzerland). The Government of India and the State Governments also extended their support. The Foundation implements its program of Technical Training through more than 20 Training Centres located in various States across India. NTTF assists industries, through its special collaborative initiative for producing quality manpower, by establishing training centres in partnership with industry associations. NTTF is an ISO 9001 Certified institution.
NTTF is governed by a board of leading industrialists consisting of:
- Mr. R. Ramanujam- Chairman, Brakes India ltd.
- Mr. Sarosh J Ghandy- Advisor to the Chairman, TELCO Construction Equipment Co. Ltd.
- Mr. Aroon Raman – Managing Director, Telos Investment & Technologies Pvt Ltd.
- Mrs. Indra Prem Menon – Director, Lakshmanan Isola Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. R. Srikanth – Joint Managing Director, Brakes India Ltd
- Mr. A. Venkataramani- Managing Director, IP Rings Ltd.
- Mr. N. Reguraj- Managing Director, NTTF.
- Mr. R. Rajagopalan – Mentor Director, NTTF
- Mr. N. Arulselvan – Dy Managing Director, Edutech NTTF India Pvt Ltd
- Mr. K. Venugopalan – Director, NTTF
- Mr. S. Stephen Louis – Director, Finance and Admin. NTTF
All NTTF programs and related curriculua are updated and revamped under a team of eminent personalities representing academia and industry. Currently the Academic Council is headed by Mr. M. S. S. Varadan.
NTTF offers various programs at the Postgraduate Degree, Postgraduate Diploma, Post Diploma, Diploma and Certificate levels, apart from various non-formal/vocational programs. All programs offered by NTTF are employment-oriented and industry-focused. A Faculty Development Centre is coming up at the NTTF facility in Dharwad (Karnataka).