Home : Programs : Postgraduate Diploma Programs : Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Engineering & Management (CP22) - PGDQM
Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Engineering & Management (CP22) - PGDQM
This is a Postgraduate Diploma program.
The program duration is 1 year, with the academic year starting in September and finishing in August followed by 3 month industrial training.
Who should join the course
This course is for individuals who would like to make a career in Quality Engineering and Quality Management.
Students should have passed B. E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical / Production / Polymer / Industrial & Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering & Management / Automobile / Aeronautical Engineering / Electrical / IIIE or equivalent. Age is no bar.
After undergoing this program students are expected to:
- Understand and adopt quality assurance and management processes including quality management systems and statistical analysis software
- Comprehend the various steps in quality management system development
- Handle metrological instruments, gauges and comparators for inspection, quality assurance and in conformance to GD&T
- Understand and be familiar with quality initiatives like Six Sigma, TPM, TQM, DOE, Reliability Engineering, World Class Quality & QC and management tools
Career opportunities for this course are vast and exciting. Students can focus on the following designations:
- Quality engineer, R&D engineer, Management Representative of quality systems
- After completion of this program students can expect a salary ranging from Rs. 2.4 lakhs to Rs. 4.0 lakhs per annum
The following are the main features of this program:
- Industrial visits
- Talk by experts
- Practical training at school
- Visits to industrial exhibitions and seminars
- Industrial training for 3 months, at the end of the one year program, at an industrial establishment where the student is likely to continue as an employee, following completion of the course
Scholarship is available.
- US$ 2500/- per Semister for Foreign Nationals & NRI category candidates
- Rs. 1,15,000/- per semester for Industry Nominated category candidates
- Rs. 75,000/- per semester for Regular category candidates
Students, after completion of this program, can look forward to a career in manufacturing / automotive industries.
- Engineering Drawing and 3D CAD
- GD&T and Tolerance Stack Up Analysis
- Applied Statistics
- Quality Management
- Design of Experiments and Reliability Engineering
- Advanced Metrology
- Product &Process Design and Control
- Inspection & Gauging
- Quantitative Methods & Tools
- Six Sigma Management
- World Class Quality
- Industrial Training
Equipment used for this program are:
- Rapid prototyping machine
- 3D digitizer
- CNC machines for turning, milling, spark and wire erosion
- Conventional workshop machines like lathe, drilling machine and milling machine
- Injection molding machine
- Power press for stamping
- General Metrology equipment
We have a highly experienced faculty for imparting technical training under this programme. Also we have guest faculty members from reputed organizations and academia.
We are happy to inform that 100% of all students who have successfully completed the programme have been placed.
- Department: Quality Engineering & Management
- Year Instituted: 2005
- Programme Chief: Dr. N. Ramani / Mr. S. S. Anantha Murthy