Home : Programs : Postgraduate Diploma Programs : Postgraduate Diploma in Tool Design (CP16) - PGDTD
Postgraduate Diploma in Tool Design (CP16) - PGDTD
This is a Postgraduate Diploma program.
The program duration is 1 year, with the academic year starting in September and finishing in August followed by 3 month industrial training.
Who should join the course
This course is for individuals who would like to make a career in Tool Design / Tool manufacturing / tool procurement.
Students should have passed B. E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical / Production / Polymer / Industrial & Production / Industrial Engineering & Management / Automobile / Aeronautical Engineering / IIIE or equivalent. Age is no bar.
After undergoing this program the students are expected to:
- Design press tools for sheet metal components
- Design moulds for plastic components
- Design pressure-die casting dies
- Use computers in the design of press tools and moulds
- Plan process and manufacture of press tools and moulds
- Design gauges and jigs & fixtures
The following are the advantages of this program:
- Students learn to use computers in the design of press tools and moulds
- They learn to plan the process and manufacture of press tools and moulds for plastic components
- They are able to design gauges and jigs & fixtures, design press tools for sheet metal components
Students tend to get excellent career opportunities in the following areas:
- Designer of press tools, moulds, jigs & fixtures, die casting dies
- CAD-CAM-CAE engineer
- After completion of this program students can expect a salary ranging from Rs.2.4 lakhs to Rs.4.0 lakhs per annum
The following are the main features of this program:
- Industrial visits
- Talk by experts
- Practical training at school
- Visits to industrial exhibitions and seminars
- Industrial training for 3 months, at the end of the 1-year program, at an industrial establishment where the student is likely to continue as an employee, following completion of the course
- US$ 2500/- per Semister for Foreign Nationals & NRI category candidates
- Rs. 1,15,000/- per semester for Industry-nominated category candidates
- Rs. 75,000/- per semester for Regular category candidates
Scholarship is available.
Students can carry on for higher education after the completion of this course. They can opt for an M. E. Tool Engineering at NTTF, as a further learning program.
Students can target all tooling, CAD-CAM and CAE manufacturing and automotive industries for employment opportunities.
- Workshop - I
- Engineering Drawing and 3D CAD
- Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- GD&T and Tolerance Stack Up Analysis
- Press Tools
- Jigs & Fixtures - I
- Workshop - II
- Die Casting Dies
- Inspection & Gauging
- Tool Manufacturing and CAM
- Jigs & Fixtures - II
- Plastic Moulds
- Industrial Training
Equipment used for this program are:
- Rapid prototyping machine
- 3D digitizer
- CNC machines for turning, milling, spark and wire erosion
- Conventional workshop machines like lathe, drilling machine and milling machine
- Injection molding machine
- Power press for stamping
- General Metrology equipment
We have a highly experienced faculty for imparting technical training under this programme. Also we have guest faculty members from reputed organizations and academia.
We are happy to inform that 100% of all students who have successfully completed the programme have been placed.
- Department: Tool Design
- Year Instituted: 2002
- Programme Chief: Dr. N. Ramani / Mr. Naresh. T. R.