Home : Programs : Postgraduate Diploma Programs : Postgraduate Diploma in Automative Product Design- (PGDAPD)
Postgraduate Diploma in Automative Product Design- (PGDAPD)
This is a Postgraduate Diploma program.
The program duration is 1 year, with the academic year starting in September and finishing in August
Who should join the course
This course is for individuals who would like to make a career in Automotive Part Design & Product Packaging Design.
Students eligible for this program should be B. E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical / Production / Industrial & Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering & Management / Automobile / Mechatronics / Aeronautical Engineering / Polymer Engineering / AMIE / IIIE or equivalent. Age No bar
After undergoing this program the students are expected to:
- Design parts for interior and exterior trims for automobiles
- Design individual parts for seating and entire of seating assembly.
- Design products of sheet metal and plastics in automotive lighting systems.
- Use industry leading CAD solutions in the design of automotive product design
- Design automotive parts in detail from class A surfaces
The following are the advantages of this program:
- Students learn to use computers in the design of automotive product design
- They learn to design automotive part designs in detail from class A surfaces given by leading automobile OEM’s
- They will be able to design plastic parts and sheet metal components for various subassemblies of automobiles
Students tend to get excellent career opportunities in the following areas:
- Automobile Industry
- Aerospace Industry
- Shipbuilding Industry
- Hi-Tech Electronic Goods Industry
- Consumer Goods Industry
- Power & Energy Sector
- Industrial Equipment’s
- Consumer Package Goods
- After completion of this program students can expect a salary ranging from Rs.2.4 lakhs to Rs.4.0 lakhs per annum
The following are the main features of this program:
- Industrial visits
- Talk by experts
- Practical training at school
- Visits to industrial exhibitions and seminars
- US$ 2500 per Semester for Foreign Nations & NRI category candidates
- Rs. 72,000 + Rs. 24,000 per semester for Regular Category candidates
- Rs. 1,12,000 + Rs. 24000 per semester for Industry –Nominated category candidates
Scholarship is not available.
Students can target allautomotive industries / aerospace Industries / TIER 1 Suppliers for employment opportunities.
- Advanced CAD
- Design for manufacturing / Automotive Design
- Elective: Plastics / Lightings / Seating.
- Industry Ready CAD Lab ( CATIA / UGNX) only tool with IR STD (CATITA – 3D)
- Industry Internship
- Comprehensive Viva
- Drawing Standards, GD&T
- Advanced Mechanics of solids / Plastic Design &Manufacturing
- Advanced Mechatronics / Sheet Metal Design & Manufacturing
- Product Life cycle Management
- Advanced Manufacturing process
Option for Certification CATIA – V5 Associated / Part Design / Surface Design from Dassault Systems
Equipment used for this program are:
- Rapid prototyping machine
- 3D digitizer
- CNC machines for turning, milling, spark and wire erosion
- Conventional workshop machines like lathe, drilling machine and milling machine
- Injection molding machine
- Power press for stamping
- General Metrology equipment
We have a highly experienced faculty for imparting technical training under this programme. Also we have guest faculty members from reputed organizations and academia.
Placement Record for NTTF
Proven Placement Record since start of PG School in 1983