Home : Programs : Postgraduate Diploma Programs : Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Engineering & Management (CP22) - PGDQM
Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Engineering & Management (CP22) - PGDQM
This is a Postgraduate Diploma program.
The program duration is 1 year, with the academic year starting in September and finishing in August followed by 3 month industrial training.
Who should join the course
This course is for individuals who would like to make a career in Quality Engineering and Quality Management.
Students eligible for this program should be B. E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical / Production / Industrial & Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering & Management / Automobile / Mechatronics / Aeronautical Engineering / Polymer Engineering / AMIE / IIIE or equivalent. Age No bar.
After undergoing this program students are expected to:
- Understand and adopt quality assurance and management processes including quality management systems and statistical analysis software
- Comprehend the various steps in quality management system development
- Handle metrological instruments, gauges and comparators for inspection, quality assurance and in conformance to GD&T
- Understand and be familiar with quality initiatives like Six Sigma, TPM, TQM, DOE, Reliability Engineering, World Class Quality & QC and management tools
Career opportunities for this course are vast and exciting. Students can focus on the following designations:
- Quality engineer, R&D engineer, Management Representative of quality systems
- After completion of this program students can expect a salary ranging from Rs. 2.4 lakhs to Rs. 4.0 lakhs per annum
The following are the main features of this program:
- Industrial visits
- Talk by experts
- Practical training at school
- Visits to industrial exhibitions and seminars
Scholarship is available.
- US$ 2500 per Semester for Foreign Nationals & NRI category candidates
- Rs. 1,20,000 per semester for Industry Nominated category candidates
- Rs. 80,000 per semester for Regular category candidates
Students, after completion of this program, can look forward to a career in manufacturing / automotive industries.
- Engineering Drawing and 3D CAD
- GD&T and Tolerance Stack Up Analysis
- Applied Statistics
- Quality Management
- Design of Experiments and Reliability Engineering
- Advanced Metrology
- Product &Process Design and Control
- Inspection & Gauging
- Quantitative Methods & Tools
- Six Sigma Management
- World Class Quality
- Industrial Training
Equipment used for this program are:
- Rapid prototyping machine
- 3D digitizer
- CNC machines for turning, milling, spark and wire erosion
- Conventional workshop machines like lathe, drilling machine and milling machine
- Injection molding machine
- Power press for stamping
- General Metrology equipment
We have a highly experienced faculty for imparting technical training under this programme. Also we have guest faculty members from reputed organizations and academia.
Proven Placement Record since start of PG School in 1983
- Department: Quality Engineering & Management
- Year Instituted: 2005
- Programme Chief: Mr. Gibson M / Mr. S. S. Anantha Murthy