Postgraduate Diploma in Tool Design (CP16) - PGDTD
|Program type||Department||Duration||Program Fee|
|Postgraduate Diploma||Tool Design (CP16) - PGDTD||
The program duration is 1 year (2 semesters), and the academic year starts in September and ends in August.
Rs.80,000 per semester for Regular category candidates Rs.1,20,000 per semester for Industry Nominated category candidates US$ 2500 per semester for Foreign National & NRI category candidates
This course helps diploma holders to acquire sufficient knowledge and skills in subjects like Press Tools, Mould Design, and other such related subjects. The course is designed to help students achieve proficiency in Tool Design, especially in the areas of Press Tools for Sheet Metal and Moulds for Plastics.
Postgraduate Admission Details
- Students who completed B. E/ B. Tech in Mechanical/ Production/ Industrial & Production Engineering/ Industrial Engineering & Management/ Automobile/ Mechatronics/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Polymer Engineering/ IIIE or equivalent are eligible for this course
- No age limit to apply
- The candidate should have a good proficiency in 2D/ 3D software preferably – Creo Parametric
The one-year programme offered at Bangalore (Peenya campus) provides Engineering Graduates an advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in Tool design to meet the changing demands of the industries, with special reference to press tools and moulds with wide scope for employment in tooling and gauging industries as well as in CAD / CAM areas.
At the end of the programme, the students are expected to:
- Design press tools for sheet metal components
- Design moulds for plastic components
- Design pressures die casting dies
- Design jigs and fixtures, gauges, and application of GD&T
- Use CAD in the design of press tools, moulds, jigs & fixtures and die casting dies
- Carry out process planning and manufacture of press tools, moulds, and jigs & fixtures
The following are the main features of this program:
- Industrial visits
- Talks by experts
- Hands-on training at centres
- Visits to industrial exhibitions and seminars
- Students tend to get excellent career opportunities as Tool Designer: in designing of Press tools, Plastic moulds, Jigs & Fixtures, Die Casting Dies
- CAD-CAM-CAE engineer
- After completion of this program, students can expect annual salaries up to Rs.8.0 lakhs based on the performance of the student
Lateral Entry to PGTE
Students can carry on for higher education after the completion of PGDTD programme. Students who possess PGDTD qualification, are eligible for lateral admission to the third semester of PGTE (Postgraduate Degree in Tool Engineering) programme.
School of Postgraduate Studies (SPG)
Nettur Technical Training Foundation,
23/24, II Phase, Peenya Industrial Area,
Bangalore - 560 058, Karnataka.
Phone: 080 - 28393167
NTTF Proud to provide Top Class Placement
Read what our industry leaders got to say
We at NTTF are overwhelmed to receive consistently positive feedback from our corporate clients. Here are a few testimonials from the corporates of India and international clients.
Other program offerings
Choose from the list of diploma programs that are on offer related to what you are interested. We invite expressions of interest from anyone contemplating to do Diploma programs which will improve your prospects to have a more fulfilling and rewarding career-life.