Post Diploma in Power Electronics (CP10)
|Program type||Department||Duration||Program Fee|
1 year (2 semesters)
Power electronics is the application of solid-state electronics (devices) for the control and conversion of electric power. Application of power electronic converters can be found wherever there is a need to modify the available form of electrical energy.
In this course, a student will learn how in modern industrial systems the conversion of power is performed by using semiconductor-switching devices, such as power diodes, SCR and common transistors. Other areas which are covered in this course are – electrical machines, basic and advanced concepts of electronics, application of various microcontrollers in the power industry, electronic instrumentation techniques used in high power systems, etc.
During practical training sessions, a student will get hands-on experience in the field of high-frequency DC Converter, several layers of PCB designing and fabrication, mounting power components. Before the completion of the course, a student gets to work on several projects to put theoretical knowledge into practice.
A trainee must satisfy any of the following:
- Diploma in Electrical or Electronics Engineering/ Mechatronics/ Instrumentation Engineering
- BE/ B. Tech in Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Mechatronics
- B.Sc. in Electronics
This course provides specialized training in the field of Power Electronics and related areas of instrumentation and control systems. The syllabus reflects the present and future needs of industries and offers technical skills exposure to students for designing high-frequency DC, DC converters, AC and DC drives, high-voltage and high-frequency PCBs. By the end of the course, a trainee will be able to apply their knowledge while undertaking and working on various industrial projects and environments.
Hands on experience on converters
Familiarization of various software
Designing and Fabrication of PCBs
• Power Electronics
• Electrical Machines
• Electronic Devices and Circuits
• PCB Design and Fabrication
• Programmable Logic Controller
• Electronic Instrumentation
• Control Systems
• Advanced Microcontrollers
• Practical Projects
After completing this course, a trainee will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of power electronics to control electrical systems
- Design and conduct various experiments/ projects as well as to analyse the power electronic converters and drives and interpret the data
- Design systems or components to meet the desired needs and overcome realistic constraints
- Function on multidisciplinary technological issues assimilating power electronics advancements
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large
- Work with independent and reflective thinking to solve problems in power electronics and allied fields
- Use techniques, skills and modern engineering simulation tools that are necessary for the design and development of power converter topologies
NTTF Electronic City Centre (NEC)
#40/40A, Electronic City, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560100
Ph: +91 080-42623506 / 6364864681 / 6364864697
NTTF Proud to provide Top Class Placement
Read what our industry leaders got to say
We at NTTF are overwhelmed to receive consistently positive feedback from our corporate clients. Here are a few testimonials from the corporates of India and international clients.
Other program offerings
Choose from the list of diploma programs that are on offer related to what you are interested. We invite expressions of interest from anyone contemplating to do Diploma programs which will improve your prospects to have a more fulfilling and rewarding career-life.