Postgraduate Diploma in POWER ELECTRONICS & AUTOMATION (Bio-instrumentation & Automation)
|Program type||Department||Duration||Program Fee|
|Postgraduate Diploma||POWER ELECTRONICS & AUTOMATION (Bio-instrumentation & Automation)||
The program duration is 2 year (4 semesters), with the academic year starting in September/October and finishing in November
Rs.80,000 per semester.
This program is Designed and structured for the holistic development of students and open doors of employment in the fields of Bioinstrumentation& Automation such as applications of Power electronics in Biomedical Engineering , Power
supplies in devices like electronic surgical devices, implantable electronic pacemakers and defibrillators, artificial organs etc.
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
10 Students for each programme
Starting in September / October 2020
Location: Skanray, Mysore
Training Methodology used for grooming students
comprises of 35% theory and 65% practical.
Instructional hours – 5 days / week, working @8 hrs / day.
ie: 40 hrs per week. Saturdays for mini projects, Self-study, special classes as per requirement. Avg. 22 days per month. Considering Public holidays, festival etc. separate Calendar shall be released for each semester
FIRST SEMESTER - Subject covered in the first semester is common for all the three Streams of Specialization.
- Communicative English
- Engineering Mathematics
- Medical Physics
- Python Programming, C programming
- Fundamentals of Biochemistry
- Electrical Engineering
- Sensors and Measurements
- Signals and Systems
- Microcontrollers& Embedded systems
- Engineering Mechanics for Biomedical Engineers
- Anatomy & Human physiology
- Biocontrol Systems
- Fundamentals of Digital Image Processing / Radiological Equipment / Diagnostic & Therapeutic equipment / Rehabilitation Engineering.
- Microcontrollers& Embedded systems – Integration & programming
- CAD Lab
- Engineering Mechanics for Biomedical Engineers
- Fundamentals of Digital Image Processing / Radiological Equipment / Diagnostic & Therapeutic equipment
- Applications of Power electronics in Biomedical Engineering; Power range, uses of Converters, Invertors
- Power supplies in devices like electronic surgical devices, implantable electronic pacemakers and defibrillators, artificial organs, stimulators, and monitoring devices.
- Role of Power electronics in the operation of medical imaging devices such as X-rays, X-ray computed tomography (CT) devices, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment.
- Power supplies- Classification, Design, Component selection, Constructional details, Operating instructions, safety standards, Troubleshooting etc.
- Design Constraints- Mechanical, DFE, Safety.
- Automation in instrumentation- advantages- Design of compact and user- friendly device for easy diagnosis and treatment of the dysfunctions in the human system.
- Case Studies .
3rd & 4th Semester – (2nd year) – Training with Industry attachment.
Fulfilling the need for specialization in medical equipment or electronics industry with:
- Industry - Institute Collaboration
- Preparing Engineers for the Local / Global demand for qualified people
- Training modules to overcome the Skill Gap, as required by Industry standard
Healthcare has become one of India’s largest sectors both in terms of revenue and employment. India Health presents an opportunity to all stakeholders in search of a platform that facilitates business interaction, learning and development, and access to the right healthcare entities, authorities and associations in a fast-emerging economy. Healthcare comprises hospitals, medical devices, clinical trials, outsourcing, telemedicine, medical tourism, health insurance and medical equipment.
The healthcare industry is one of the world's largest and fastest-growing industries. Consuming over 10 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) of most developed nations, health care can form an enormous part of a country's economy.
The Health Care industry has been growing at a rapid pace in the past few years. With an annual growth rate of 30%. The Indian Healthcare Industry is estimated at US$22 billion and the Medical device market is estimated at US $ 1.85 billion and growing at 15% per annum. Thus with the rapid pace of growth comes the ever increasing demand for highly skilled and well trained Medical Electronics Engineering work force.
The medical device industry is poised for steady growth, with global annual sales forecast to rise by over 5 percent a year and reach nearly US$800 billion by 2030
Electronic city Centre (NEC),
NTTF Electronic city Centre,
40/40A, Electronic City post,
Bangalore 560 100, Karnataka
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Jayaraj - +91-9844445439
Mr Pirabahar - +91-9739013543
Ms. Arathi - +91-7406433550
Mr. Ayyappan - +91-9995019809
Program Location: Skanray Technologies Pvt Ltd, Mysore.
NTTF Proud to provide Top Class Placement
NTTF hosts Campus Selections by the reputed industries across its centres pan India. Every year, campus selections are scheduled during January to May month. NTTF prepares the final year students – to face the interviews, industry etiquettes, induces self-confidence and makes them the true citizen of India through holistic training methodologies. NTTF Brand name is very popular in the industries especially in the Manufacturing, Automation, Information Technology and Computer Engineering sectors. Our trainees are placed in industries with attractive salaries.
Read what our industry leaders got to say
We at NTTF are overwhelmed to receive consistently positive feedback from our corporate clients. Here are a few testimonials from the corporates of India and international clients.
Other program offerings
Choose from the list of diploma programs that are on offer related to what you are interested. We invite expressions of interest from anyone contemplating to do Diploma programs which will improve your prospects to have a more fulfilling and rewarding career-life.