Postgraduate Diploma in Tool Design (CP16) - PGDTD
This program is for individuals who would like to make a career in Tool Design, Tool manufacturing and Tool procurement.
· Students eligible for this program should be B. E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical / Production / Industrial & Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering & Management / Automobile / Mechatronics / Aeronautical Engineering / Polymer Engineering / AMIE / IIIE or equivalent.
· Age No bar.
· The candidate should have fairly good proficiency in 2D / 3D software preferably Creo Parametric.
After undergoing this program the students are expected to:
· Design press tools for sheet metal components
· Design moulds for plastic components
· Design pressure die casting dies
· Use of CAD in the design of press tools, moulds and die casting dies
· Process planning and manufacture of press tools, moulds and jigs & fixtures
· Design gauges, jigs & fixtures and application of GD&T.
- Students learn to use computers in the design of press tools and moulds
- They learn to plan the process and manufacture of press tools and moulds for plastic components
- They are able to design gauges and jigs & fixtures, design press tools for sheet metal components
The following are the main features of this program:
· Industrial visits
· Talk by experts
· Practical training at school
· Visits to industrial exhibitions and seminars
Workshop - I
Workshop - II
Engineering Drawing and 3D CAD
Die Casting Dies
Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes
Inspection & Gauging
GD&T and Tolerance Stack Up Analysis
Tool Manufacturing and CAM
Jigs & Fixtures - II
Jigs & Fixtures - I
Students tend to get excellent career opportunities in the following areas:
· Designer of press tools, moulds, jigs & fixtures, die casting dies
· CAD-CAM-CAE engineer
· After completion of this program students can expect a salary ranging from Rs.3.0 lakhs to Rs.7.0 lakhs per annum,Students can target all tooling, CAD-CAM and CAE manufacturing and automotive industries for employment opportunities.
Students can carry on for higher education after the completion of this program. They can opt for an M. E. Tool Engineering at NTTF, as a further learning program.
Students who possess a First Class PGDTD qualification and have served in a relevant industry for at least one year after completing PGDTD program, are eligible for lateral admission to the third semester of M. E. Tool Engineering program.
Industry nominated students who seek lateral admission to third semester of M. E. Tool Engineering program, must have at least a Second Class PGDTD qualification.
Campus Contact Details
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Nettur Technical Training Foundation,
23/24, II Phase, Peenya Industrial Area,
Bangalore - 560 058
Telephone : 080 - 28393167 / 080 - 28391223
E-mail : email@example.com
|Program type||Department||Duration||Program Fee|
|Postgraduate Diploma||Tool Design||The program duration is 1 year (2 semesters), with the academic year starting in September and finishing in August||Rs.80,000 per semester for Regular category candidates Rs.1,20,000 per semester for Industry Nominated category candidates US$ 2500 per semester for Foreign National & NRI category candidates|
Get Trained With NTTF And Work In The Top Companies
We are proud to say that we have successfully provided placements to our students in more than 500 leading industrial institutions all around the world. We, at NTTF, primarily focus on the overall development and training of our students. Our students with the right talent have always excelled in their careers after doing graduation from NTTF.
Read what our industry
leaders got to say
We at NTTF are overwhelmed to receive consistently positive feedback from our corporate clients. Here are a few testimonials from the corporates of India and international clients.
Learned a lot about technical training courses that are available here at NTTF. I also got important insights into social contribution projects. I wish a happy lie to all the trainees here
- Ayako Fukami
- Toyota Motor Corporation
It was one of the most enchanting experiences. I have been involved in NTTF's endeavours Jamshedpur but could do little only. I realize what an institute NTTF is. I visited the Bangalore campus and it has opened my eyes. Congrats to all
- Dr. Amit Chaterjee
- Advisor to M.D., TATA STEEL
Other program offerings
Choose from the wide range of diploma programmes that are designed keeping in mind the industry needs and individual interests. We invite expressions of interest from anyone contemplating to do the diploma programs which will improve your prospects to have a more fulfilling and rewarding career.
Certificate program in Tool and Die making
The objective of the Certificate Programmes is to provide a wide spectrum of knowledge, skills and technological advances while fostering…
Post Diploma in Tool Design (CP05)
"A rigorous and challenging course, fine tuned to meet the current trends and future needs of the Industry, It is…
Postgraduate Degree in Tool Engineering (CP06) - PGTE
Specially designed programs to help corporate executives fast track their careen through experiential learning, incorporating pedagogy such as case studies…